Riversimple’s new share offer is not just about investing in new, clean technology, nor even in a ground breaking, inclusive business model. It is also about investing in the wellbeing of future generations. We have simple needs for good health and wellbeing. One is being able to breath fresh, clean air.
Air pollution is linked to heart attacks, strokes, asthma and other respiratory diseases. It is also linked to underdeveloped lungs in children. Studies show that long-term exposure to pollution from traffic may reduce children’s lung capacity by as much as 20%. Research in Europe suggests that up to 30% of new asthma cases in children are caused by exposure to air pollution.
A PRIMARY SOURCE OF AIR POLLUTION ACROSS THE WORLD TODAY IS TRANSPORT.
Children are especially vulnerable to the long term impacts of breathing polluted air caused by the combustion engine. This can’t be OK. At Riversimple, we have been working hard to develop a hydrogen fuel cell car with zero harmful emissions. We launched Riversimple Rasa, built at our workshop in Wales, this March. News about the Rasa has travelled around the world.
Journalists have been excited about the Riversimple Rasa because:
- There is zero air pollution at the tail-pipe
- Riversimple are taking fuel efficiency to a new level
- There has never before been a supercar that is not super expensive.
Our sale of service model means the Rasa ‘supercar’ will be affordable. It’s not just for superstars.
THIS APRIL A NEW LAW CALLED ‘THE WELLBEING OF FUTURE GENERATIONS ACT’ WAS PASSED IN WALES.
The act is based upon an important study in which people across Wales were asked to talk about what matters most to them. These conversations were distilled into seven basic Welsh values that include: giving children the best start in life; living within global environmental limits; and prioritising the well-being of all.
At Riversimple we support the Welsh Government’s ambition to help shape a better future for children and generations yet to come. The world now has, at its fingertips, the technology to clean up transport systems and cut air pollution. Help us take an important clean technology, the FIRST EVER BRITISH FUEL CELL CAR, to market. Purchase shares in Riversimple
- References for this blog:
- The Lancet https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(13)70192-9/abstract
- The Guardian https://www.theguardian.com/science/2013/oct/15/study-air-pollution-traffic-low-birthweight
- Campaign for Heathy Air https://www.healthyair.org.uk
- Environment and Human Health Inc. (US) https://www.ehhi.org/reports/exhaust/summary.shtml